Friday, April 2, 2010

Our Tuesday Nights

Mark and I have become involved with a college ministry on the UC Davis campus called College Life. College Life meets every tuesday night for fellowship, worship, and deeply moving speakers. Our good friend Nathan Ely is the worship leader there and we are always amazed by his humility and talent. Mark frequently helps out with drums and I help out with vocals. It is a great experience to be a part of such a team that desires nothing else but to honor God through worship. I was also asked to be an emcee this spring quarter, which means I have to make announcements with my co emcee Alex. I tried to assure them that I am not very funny but my friend Michelle wouldn't take excuses. It gets pretty exciting.

Mark and I have felt very spiritually nourished lately. College Life feels like a home away from home since we still feel very connected to our church in San Rafael. I am so grateful that we've made such great friendships in College Life. I've been meditating on the friendships I've made in Davis, especially with the girls in my growth group. I am overwhelmed by all of the love. I enjoy singing songs with them, the deep talks we get into during our coffee dates, and the times of prayer. I am so blessed and encouraged to be around such strong believers. One sermon that really spoke to me was about the power of relationships, our college pastor Dan Seitz said, "God works primarily through relationship." I have felt that since my life has transformed with marriage, moving to a different location, and basically creating a new life with my husband. I prayed that God would give me solid friendships that would encourage me in my walk. It's amazing how quickly God answers prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.